We tried to anticipate our shopping needs yesterday, Thursday, by heading to SaveWay on our way home and getting a few things; cheese, milk, water etc. But we didn't think of everything and so I head over to SaveWay just before the call to prayer to grab some bread this morning.
Afterwards I stop at the bank and get some money out of a friends account. Sam left Egypt in the summer and gave us his credit card and pin as he didn't have time to transfer out the last 200LE and wasn't particularly fussed, so donated it to us! Nice guy! I managed to pull it out and have set it aside to spend on toys for some of the charity work I am doing for work this year - so it will be going to a good cause.
On my way back there is the old man outside our building that I have seen quite a few times since we moved here. He normally sells limes but has small bags of lemons and is waving something green as I approach. "Nana! Nana?" he says as I walk passed. But I just can't continue into our building as the strong sweet smell of mint is following me. I go back and buy a small bag of lemons and just one bunch of nana.

No comments:
Post a Comment