Sunday, 29 June 2014

Pickle - T3 Cairo

I can't believe that we're leaving Cairo around the same number of weeks with Little Pickle as we arrived back in Cairo after the summer 2012 with Leila, our Baba Ganough. It's seems poetic in a way, but also that autumn 2012 feels so long ago and so distant.

I'm really starting to feel the stretch on my belly and feel the heat now.  Today it has felt like my belly is expanding by the minute and is tight on one side as the Pickle is pushing against me!  We lost power today between 6.30-7.30pm and even though it was cooler than it had been at midday, 30-plus still isn't 'cool' and I was soon feeling pretty hot and grumpy from it all!

I'm getting there with side-lying, but still find myself on my back somehow!  I've been getting my funny hip-thing again which I think was from my joints loosening and so becoming sore at night.  At least I've been having fewer night cramps now though.

These last few weeks before we leave I have found that my belly is really growing and starting to get in the way of things.  I try and squeeze past Scott into a space and find it pushing him out of the way (!) or I bend down to get something and then realise I can only make it halfway there because my belly is in the way!

It's good that we have booked an extra seat on the flight back as the space will mean that Leila isn't all over the two of us the whole 5 hours we'll be on the plane.  Leila still very much wants to be picked up by me and as I'm bending at the knee to get her I find that it's fine to pick her up. I obviously need to carry her 'above' the bump, but this is proving OK as it feels that my bump is pretty low. 

People talk about the problems of making comparisons between pregnancies but I think the real problem is that I can't really remember what everything was like with Leila!

No comments: