Thursday, 13 March 2014

This week we have been mainly....understanding

Leila really understands a lot of what we say now, and we're starting to understand her too as she mimics the sounds of words after we say them.

For example (most of the time) she can show us all her body parts when we ask; head, ears, eyes, mouth, nose, tongue, toes, belly button, hands. And yesterday she was looking for a book that I knew was in her room, so I said 'Leila, the Englebert the Elephant book is in your room.  Leila go and get it' and after looking at me slightly quizically she went off to fetch it! 

She's also getting really good at the actions in nursery rhymes as today she even was pointing to the window/door in Wind the Bobbin Up.

We've known for some time that she understands 'shoes' as meaning we're about to go out, but now she tries to say the word back to us, and tries to say 'socks', and 'slippers' too!

One of her first words might end up being 'Bikya' as she always hears the Bikya Man as he comes down the street.  She has started trying to say 'Fuul' and 'Lemon' which are the other calls she can hear from the street sellers each day.

When Scott is out at work, everything is 'daa' when she sees something that belongs to him; his razor, slippers etc. Any time I pick up my phone she thinks I am calling him (and most of the time she is right), but the moment I give the phone to her with him on the line she clams up!

No comments: