It's amazing; Leila has developed three distinctly different sounds for each of her grandfathers following last week's trip to the UK. Before the trip Scott was "da" and old men (!) were a lower "daaaa", but now; Gramps aka DaddyP is a low growl "grrrrr", Grandpa aka DaddyB is "ba" (like the "pa" in his name), and Granddad aka Graham remains a low "daaa".
Both Nanny and Granny are "nananana" and Fabia and Sam don't yet have a unique sound but that will come soon. Leila is able to recognise voices (video Skype with Granny wasn't working today so we did a voice skype), and photos (including our large group shot at th wedding). At Grandpa's house there are lots of pics of Scott growing up and after I pointed to one and saud "dad" Leila was able to identify him in them all!
Today we have been mainly doing nursery rhymes and actions. I took Leila to the bookshop yesterday and bought her a new book of nursery rhymes with actions for World Book Day which she is enjoying as she can do the Dingle Dangle Scarecrow and Wheels on the Bus. But Leila has realised that I have all the song sheets for Bounce and Rhyme at home (as I now 'lead' the singing each week) and wants to do these all the time. She can do (her version of) the actions to Pop a Pancake, Wind the Bobbin Up, Three Little Monkeys and Little Peter Rabbit and she is trying to jump now too!
No comments:
Post a Comment