Well it was within the first term of moving here I think that we discovered the wonders of dry cleaning in Egypt. It's just so cheap! 7 quid is the price of dry cleaning a skirt here and it's about the same in the UK I'd say except a different currency! There isn't a dry cleaning place in easy walking distance, so I settled on patronising (is that the right word/spelling in this context?) one on Road 9 (as we're down there a fair bit for shopping etc, so I thought it wouldn't be too much of a problem to pick up/drop off). Also the one I'd chosen was called "Cleaning in 60 Minutes" and the logo is like a "Now 60" album for those reading this blog who grew up in the 80's and 90's. Brilliant!
After settling on this place and taking and collecting a few times, the bloke there was really insistent about "sending the boy" so now we just phone them up, ask them to collect/deliver and they are round in less than 5 minutes. Brilliant x 2!
My latest extravagance though is getting them to do my ironing.
One side of me feels pretty guilty about this; the ironing doesn't take too long and I've done it all the time before. But then I also feel that we have a maid/cleaner already (who doesn't like to iron) so I guess this is part of that package, and it's giving someone a job (even if it is 3LE per shirt).
Well the first time we called I had tonnes of ironing to do, so they collected 17 shirts! That was just before half term. We're back now and did four loads of laundry at the weekend which led to 8 shirts being ironed yesterday and another 16 being sent today! Because I've called so much they now know the rest of my address once I've said the street name.
So, guilty secret is out!
No comments:
Post a Comment