This post feels a long time in coming in a way - but at the same time I haven't really wanted to post because of not wanting to jinx things, or post without a resolution!
Since about mid-June I've had trouble with my tummy. Not a very pleasant thing to blog about - but we are trying to keep track of everything we do here!! I just felt that things "weren't right" but they weren't so bad that it looked like I should take a course of tablets. I was going once a day, pretty much at the same time of day, and I was just looser than "normal".
As this was in the last few weeks of being in Cairo, we put it down to having a poor diet and needing to get back to Britain for some good wholesome food. When we got to the UK things were better. I felt that they were better because I wasn't going quite so regularly and I was eating a better diet.
But then things started back to how they had been. I tried to analyse what food I had been eating, the times I had been eating, the times I wasn't eating - everything! I couldn't really see a pattern, but I was definitely back to "not quite normal" and this was persisting. Which was worrying.
About half-way through the summer I decided I should try and see a Doc to see what they could suggest. They were really nice about it - I think I definitely got my money's worth out of the NHS this summer!!! Over two weeks I had two stool sample tests and four blood tests. All of them came back negative though - no bad guys in there!
With nothing we could follow up from the tests, we could only deduce that it was some tablets I was taking for a toenail infection!! One of the side-effects of these Terbefine tablets was a runny tum, so the Doc advised that I finish my course as soon as possible and then see what happened. This wouldn't be until I was back in Egypt, and the nice Doc said I could call him if the problem persisted!
So a day after arriving back in Egypt I finish these tablets. That night we go out to dinner. The next day my tum is worse than ever! I give it 24-hours to see if it will pass (as most things do in Egypt) but it doesn't. So I decide to take a course of tablets! I take 5 days of Antinel - a stomach antiseptic alongside 7 days of Flagyl - a tablet so hardcore that you are violently ill if you drink alcohol less than 48-hours after finishing the course!!!
Anyway, my tum is much better now.
So I don't know if finishing the toe tablets (and getting rid of this tummy bug) that got rid of the problem, OR whether actually I did have a tummy bug all summer, but the toe tablets were controlling it most of the time.
Who knows. Anyway I am generally much better now and am trying to play it safe with what I am eating.
1 comment:
ALI !!!! - this deserves a comment but what can one say??? glad to hear it is getting better
Post a Comment