Monday, 14 September 2009

Horse riding at Giza pyramids

Every year one of the guys at work organises a trip to go riding horses at Giza for the new staff.  Last year you may recall we chose not to go - instead we went on the tour of Khan El Khalili.  However, due to the madness of the start of the new school year this year's trip was extended to any member of staff who wanted to go along and so, as we hadn't been before, we jumped at the chance.

The video is only a quick overview of the trip - generally plodding along outside the pyramid enclosure - and so doesn't quite get the jumpiness of the horse I was on.  He was clearly spooked by something, and so I was stuck with a small boy leading me all the way.  For somone who used to ride, and despite the last time I was on a horse being about 20 years ago on a trip where I got a suspected fractured collarbone, I felt a bit daft.  My horse was changed when we were near the pyramids for a gorgeous brown stallion, but as the boy leading me was clearly trying to get a good tip, he refused to stop leading and let me take him for the run he was so desperately hoping for.  Hey-ho!



No comments: