Tuesday, 3 February 2009

New Year - walking back down Mount Sinai!

The thing about mountains is that once you're up there you know you've got to get back down again. The great thing about this walk, though, was that as we'd climbed in the dark we had the bonus of actually being able to see the landscape when we walked down again in the morning.

And, boy, was it amazing.

Instead of taking the camel trail down, we walked down the 3,000 "Steps of Penitence" which were built by a monk from St Catherine's Monastery at the foot of the mountain.

By the way, I've just realised that although I uploaded the video of us climbing the mountain I never actually linked to it. I've added it now, but you'll need to scroll below the sunrise video to see it.

1 comment:

Jim Pennington said...

Gosh, Ally, your nose got red in the cold!!!!