We've just got home from our evening out and I wanted to put a quick post up - as the Gecko is back!
I noticed something scurrying in the dark corridor when leaving the bathroom and when I put the light on in the bedroom it confirmed that he has returned :) We're pleased he is back....as long as he eats mosquito's and any other pests in the flat. Scott has just opened a balcony door though to help his escape as I don't think he likes our company.
We've had two really nice evenings out this weekend; last night we went to a near-by bar-cum-restaurant for Scott's Department Nite Out. I had been invited as an "honorary member" because I support in their lessons and I support Scott :) After eating, we headed to the ACE club which is the main expat club in Maadi. As first time visitors we got in for free. You buy a raffle ticket when you go in and this can be exchanged for drinks at the bar - nice! Drinks are cheaper than any bar or restaurant around and there is a nice large outside area (although it is getting a bit cool in the evenings now!). We ended up at ACE again tonight as Dave and Caz came down for drinks and dinner (we had some of the Blackcurrant Vodka that Sam's passport forever will bear the mark of). There was a good crowd there as some teachers had entered a team for the Pharaoh Run - 100km run between Saqarra and Giza pyramids.
1 comment:
What about calling the gecko Ace!
Glad your extending your range of fruity alcoholic drinks too. Pip pip!
Post a Comment