Thursday, 22 May 2014

This week we have been mainly.....buying bananas!

In November I created a little project for myself of taking pictures of Leila around Maadi to illustrate a book I was making for Scott about The Things We See in Egypt.  One of the pictures I took was of the banana man on the roundabout on 216 where we tend to go for our 'mooz baladi'.  


I printed up a copy of the picture too, intending to give it to the man when we next saw him.  For some reason of other though he didn't come back all winter and has only recently returned/reclaimed this pitch a few weeks ago.  Amazingly he remembered us and the next time I visited to buy bananas I made sure that the picture was in my bag.  He was so excited by the picture that he gave us free bananas and asked Leila to pose again.



He asked when we would next visit; 'bukra?' Erm, not likely that I can eat a kilo of bananas in a day!  The next time we returned he insisted on free bananas again and asked about the photo.  I brought a copy for him the next time and we had even more free bananas!




No comments: