A few days ago we had our first cockroach. And it was massive! Well, to me it seemed huge, but maybe that's because we haven't seen any in the apartment before. I don't like spiders sometimes, so I wasn't looking forward to bugs out here. I wasn't too bad with this bug though - I think it was because he was right in the middle of a white floor and moving quite slowly. As long as any more do that too, I don't mind.
He was just walking across the kitchen floor when I was getting the breakfast juice one morning. I sprayed him with the vicious bug spray we have and left him to whither there for a bit. Maybe there was a more humane way of dealing with him, but when it comes to bugs I don't want to risk it.
I'm recognised down at the near-by supermarket, Save Way, now. I get our water from there, and whenever I go in now they ask if we want water - even if I only got some the day before! They also know where we live, so as long as the main delivery man is there I don't need to write my address down. The latest perk though is when I have been buying fruit and veg. They pre-pack some of their veg, so I tend to buy a pack of carrots or courgettes, and then a few potatoes and a few onions. I like to buy one meal at a time, as it is so close to buy more and I don't want to waste food. So the latest perk is that after they have weighed my carrots and potatoes, they give me the onions for free!
No comments:
Post a Comment