On Wednesday night, I played a predominantly-solo gig at the Boss Bar in Maadi. It was the first time I've done a night like this in a long time and to be honest I was rather nervous about the whole thing. I knew that I'd be able to play okay, but worried about whether I'd have enough material to fill the 2 hour slot. Fortunately my talented friends came and played some songs with me, which eased the nerves and took some pressure off me.
It was also the first time I had the Headrush pedal out for an extended period of time and I wasn't sure how it'd hold up! As it turns out, it held up brilliantly :-)
The set featured a range of different things from English folk to American bluegrass by way of funk, soul, dreamy ballads, pop, rock and a good dose of original songs.
I've not uploaded every song from the gig, but if you're so inclined I've put quite a lot of them online to give a taste of the evening. If the embedable playlist function works you should be able to watch them all in order below, and navigate between them with the side arrows on the video display or with the still frames at the bottom. There's 14 songs in total...
No comments:
Post a Comment